Insert the Facebook Like and/or Send button to any post, page or template with this simple plugin. Also lets you add them via shortcode anywhere in your site!
- Download the plugin direct from the Plugin Page at WordPress.
- Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to the Plugins page and activate the plugin
- Check all the setting in the Settings area
- Hit Update
You can insert the comment box manually in any page or post or template by simply using the following shortcode:
To enter the shortcode directly into templates using PHP, enter
You can also use the options below to override the the settings above.
- url – leave blank for current URL
- share – true/false
- faces – true/false
- verb – like/recommend
- layout – standard/button_count/box_count
- width – in pixels, default is 450
An example using these options is
[fblikesend url="http://peadig.com/wordpress-plugins/facebook-like-share-button/" verb="recommend" share="false"]
If it doesn’t work at first…
- Check your settings to see that XFBML and Open Graph are enabled
- Make sure there are no conflicting plugins also running.
- If everything but the button appears, this means that you need to enable XFBML and/or Open Graph in the settings. If this does not work you need to make sure you have this code as your <HTML>:
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml" dir="ltr" lang="en-US" xmlns:og="http://ogp.me/ns#" xmlns:fb="http://www.facebook.com/2008/fbml">