If you want to be indexed within Google News, your site must have a particular XML sitemap published specifically for Google News. This plugin lets you publish this XML sitemap as a separate file.
N.B. Looking for the regular XML sitemap plugin? Make sure you use WordPress SEO Plugin by Yoast which has loads of features including XML sitemap – you won’t regret it!
This plugin is derived from another Google News Sitemap plugin by Chris Jinks. I have tweaked his plugin to make it compatible with WordPress 3.1 and to conform with the current Google News Sitemap requirements.
- Download the plugin direct from the Plugin Page at WordPress.
- Upload the whole plugin folder to your /wp-content/plugins/ folder.
- Go to the Plugins page and activate the plugin
- Move the file google-news-sitemap.xml into your blog root directory and CHMOD to 777 so it is writable
- Save/publish/delete a post to generate the sitemap